- 4 medium-sized ripe or over ripe bananas/ 300 grams
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour/ 200 grams (Aata-200 gram)
- ½ cup oil 125 ml(any oil) (Olive oil- 1/2 cup)
- ½ cup organic brown sugar/regular granulated sugar (Brown sugar- 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder ( daal-chini)
- 2 to 3 pinches grated nutmeg ( jaiful- kaddukas kiya hua)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- 2 tb spoon. Chopped walnuts/ nuts of your choice
- 2 tb spoon. Chocochips
Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
Grease a one pound silicon mould or aluminum cake mould.
Take sliced bananas and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Mash the bananas or puree them with a hand blender.
Now add the oil, vanilla , cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder to the banana and mix well.
Sieve the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, salt directly in the bowl containing the mashed bananas.
Fold the sieved flour really well. Also fold in 1 tbsp. Each of walnuts and chocolate chips. The folding step is important the whole bread mixture should be mixed evenly.
Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining nuts and chocochips.
Bake at 180 degree C for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
Once warm or cool remove the bread from the pan. Slice and serve warm.