- 1kg mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy or orange juice
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cinnamon
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 3 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy or orange juice, extra
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line a 23cm round (base measurement) cake pan or 19cm square (base measurement) cake pan with 3 layers of baking paper, allowing the paper to extend 5cm above the side.
- Step 2Stir the fruit, brandy or orange juice, butter and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 mins or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Step 3Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon over the fruit mixture. Add the chocolate and eggs. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 1 1⁄2 hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Pour over extra brandy or orange juice. Wrap pan in a tea towel and set aside to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.
- Publication: Coles