- 2 tsp Bee Well Honey
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger. peeled and grated
- 250 ml boiling water
Just about everyone’s immune system is susceptible to catching a cold or flu anytime time of the year. If you are like me and don’t fancy taking medication, home remedies are your next best option. Even if you love taking your meds, did you know that honey, through research, was found to be more effective than a cough mixture. Bee Well Honey is not just any honey. It’s a proudly Zimbabwean product that is naturally filtered to maintain all the health benefits that one can gain from consuming it. I especially love the squeeze bottle which makes using it super easy and convenient.
This beverage we have here today has been known to help alleviate the symptoms of colds, flus and sore throats from time immemorial. We have honey, ginger and lemon which are great for your immune system. Please note- from research, it’s generally not encouraged to give a child less than a year old some honey.
- Measuring jug
- Teacup/ Coffee Mug
- Tea strainer
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 2 tsp Bee Well Honey
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger. peeled and grated
250 ml boiling water
- Put the grated ginger into the measuring jug. Pour the boiling water into the jug and allow the ginger to steep for about 5 min. (To steep is to soak something in water or any other liquid, so as to soften, cleanse, or extract some constituent. In this case it’s the latter- we want to extract the nutritional benefits of ginger).
- With a strainer on the teacup/mug, pour the ginger tea into the cup (straining the grated ginger pieces.)
- Add lemon juice and Bee Well Honey to the cup. Feel free to add more honey to your taste. If the ginger taste is too strong for your liking, you may add more hot water. Enjoy!