3 Tbs oil
1 sliced onion
1kg stewing beef
1 clove garlic
4 peeled and diced tomatoes
Potatoes and carrots (optional)
½ tsp mixed dry herbs
1 packet knorr hearty beef soup, dissolved in 2 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE DUMPLINGS:
4 cups cake flour
1pkt instant yeast
Finely chopped spinach
1 tbsp salt
Salt to taste
- Heat oil to sauté onion.. Garlic and meat until both have browned.
- Add tomatoes, paprika and mixed herbs. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add soup and check the seasoning. Bring mixture to the boil and allow to simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- FOR THE DUMPLINGS: Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, yeast) together.Rub in margarine, spinach then water
[Your dough shouldn’t be stiff or watery] Put aside the dough to rise
- Divide into 8-10 dumplings and drop them into the stew 30 minutes before the end of your cooking time. Cover the pot until fluffy and cooked.
Credit: Zanele Ka Mvelase’s Kitchen