Soft layered carrot chapatis
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 2 medium sized grated carrots
- to taste Salt
- Enough warm water
- Cooking oil
- In a bowl mix the flour, grated carrots and salt.
- Make a well at the centre and add warm water in bits kneading the flour in a medium soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film or cover using a damp kitchen cloth and leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cut a portion of the dough and roll out.
- Apply oil on the rolled out dough and cut into strips.
- Fold each strip into layers to form a ball. Each ball makes one chapati.
- Roll out the balls into round shapes (chapatis) ready to cook.
- Place each chapati on a hot pan and cook under medium heat till it is evenly cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with with love and stew of choice
Picture: Fredrick Murithi