This recipe makes one 5-6 lb roasted bird.
- 1 whole 4-5 pound Black Silkie chicken
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Preheat your oven to 325F/162C.
With a sharp knife, cut off your Silkie’s head and the lower portion of the legs. Save these…you will need them in the future for another recipe. Freeze them for now.